Photo credit: screen shot from video
Since it's going to be a weekend where lots of us will be drinking...I figured I would post some "Healthy Alcoholic Drink Recipes"....yes...there is such a thing.
I guess then this way you can pig out on more chips and dip right?
Here are some Healthy Drink Choices:
1. Vodka and soda: Low in calories 96 per 1.5 ounces.
2. Michelada. Made from a lager beer, limes, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and a little salt and pepper.
3. Whiskey or gin. Not super-high in calories, Just drink it neat or on the rocks, because sugary mixers defeat the purpose.
4. Wine. Wine has lots of nutrients, because it's basically just decayed fruit. It has iron, potassium, magnesium, and antioxidants. And there are only about 120 calories in a five-ounce glass.
5. Manhattan. It's bourbon, sweet vermouth, and bitters.
6. Mimosas or bellinis. A bellini is just a mimosa with peach juice or peach schnapps, instead of orange juice.
7. Guinness. it actually has fewer calories than Coke.
8. Sangria. It's all fruit, except for the red wine, gin, and triple sec. You can find recipes that are less sugary.
9. Bloody Mary. It's actually a low-calorie drink, and it has the tomato juice, which is healthy.
****PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE THIS WEEKEND****
TAKE A CAB OR CALL A SOBER FRIEND!