On The Show

 

A Guy in Florida Died After Winning a Bug Eating Contest

A Guy in Florida Died After Winning a Bug Eating Contest

 

 

The Ben Siegel Reptile store in Deerfield Beach, Florida held a bug eating contest

About 30 people competed to see who could eat the most LIVE COCKROACHES and LIVE WORMS. 

The grand prize winner took home a python....that's it...a snake.

Edward Archbold of West Palm Beach, Florida (32 years)  won the contest after eating a reported 30 cockroaches, 100 millipedes, and 30 worms. 

But after he won, he started feeling sick . . . then he started VOMITING UP the bugs, and collapsed.

He was rushed to the hospital and declared DEAD.

The store says they feel terrible about what happened.  All of the participants in the contest signed a waiver accepting responsibility for whatever happened in the contest.

(The Smoking Gun / Gawker / AP

 

More Articles