It can be so hard to justify splurging on luxuries... when your kids have so many needs on their lists that always seem to take precedence.
Mom's just seem to feel so guilty when it comes to spending money on themselves.
Don't feel Guilty....because you work hard and deserve to be pampered on occasion too.
The good news is that there are quite a few beauty and style splurges that are worth shelling out a little of extra dough for, simply because their benefit is greater than the cost.
1. Designer Jeans - high-end jeans that cost upwards of $100 - $200 or so, but the truth is -- they are worth every single cent. Designer jeans cost more because of the quality of materials used to make them. Splurging on a couple pairs of good jeans will save you from having to buy new ones each and every year.
2. A Good Handbag - The straps tend to break easier on less expensive bags, so you wind up buying a new one each season. You are better off getting one good bag that can handle all of the extra "stuff" motherhood requires you to carry than constantly replacing purses.
3. Leather Jacket - This is one item that every mom needs in her closet. A leather jacket will keep you warm on chillier days, but it's also the perfect piece to dress up the jeans and t-shirt you're already wearing for dinner with your husband or a night out with the girls. You can't put a price on something this versatile.
4. Salon Visits - Gone are the days of at-home color kits and Ogilvie home perms. If you are going to color, highlight, or apply some other treatment to your hair, paying a professional to do it for you is well worth the expense. Nobody deserves a bad dye job -- nobody.
5. Workout Shoes - As a mom, you can't risk getting some sort of injury on your morning run or trip to the gym, so investing in a pair of high-quality shoes is key.
6. Quality Skincare Products - Face it ladies, you only get one face. Now is the time to really invest in taking good care of your skin, otherwise you will regret it later on. Cleanser, scrub, toner, moisturizer -- get it all and start a good regimen. You're worth it.
7. Bras That Fit - Take the time to go in and get measured at least once a year -- and don't feel guilty about spending a little bit more cash.
8. Manicures and Pedicures - Ok, so manis and pedis aren't exactly essential to your physical health, but they do work wonders for your emotional and mental well being. Getting a manicure or pedicure forces you to relax, even if only for an hour or so.
9. Swimsuits - it's better to break down and buy a couple of more expensive suits that actually fit th
10. Fancy Dresses - Even though we don't have too many opportunities to get all dressed up, nothing quite makes you feel like a lady than putting on a fancy dress and heels.
Remember...You work hard...so its okay every once in a while to splurge on yourself.