Tampa, Fla.-(970 WFLA)-Tampa Fire-Rescue evacuated the Ybor City Post Office on 12th Avenue after workers found a leaking package. The facility is open again after the leaking liquid was determined to be concentrated eucalyptus oil.
Captain Lonnie Bennefield says some people complained about skin troubles and had breathing difficulties. One employee had a mild asthma attack, but refused to be transported to the hospital. Another worker got bleach in an eye while helping with the cleanup. He also refused hospital treatment.
Bennefield says eucalyptus oil can be a skin irritant and can also cause asthma-like symptoms.